Hysopt is a spin-off from the University of Antwerp. At Hysopt we develop unique cloud software that optimizes heating and cooling systems on a large scale. In 2020 we realized 8.151,7 tons of carbon savings and won the innovation award of UK’s largest engineering society CIBSE. Hysopt is a unique multidisciplinary company in which we translate the laws of physics into mathematical algorithms, and engineer them into a professional and user friendly software application.
As a functional analyst you will join the development team to improve the innovative Hysopt software. You communicate with project engineers as software users to find out what the desired developments are, and how this can be implemented in a user-friendly way. After the implementation, you test whether the new functionality has been implemented properly and you document it for the userbase. In addition, you help monitor the priorities and scope of the sprint by managing the backlog and communicating with developers and other stakeholders. In general, you are the indispensable link between customers, users, the research world and the development team.
- Required qualification: bachelor or master with affinity for HVAC engineering and software development
- You have experience with the total lifecycle of software development, or you are eager in making it your own
- Knowledge of the following technologies is an advantage: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Atlassian-products.
- You have affinity with physics and/or mathematics, and you are interested in understanding the hydraulic and thermodynamic behavior of heating and cooling systems
- You speak fluent English, speaking Dutch is an advantage
- You join a scale-up and fast-growing company with an open corporate culture and different career opportunities
- You have a big impact on the development of the Hysopt software, an innovative and award-winning Belgian product
- You directly contribute to massive decarbonization initiatives
- You have the opportunity for continuous learning with a study budget, experienced colleagues, and the usage of the latest technologies
- Attractive salary package including car, laptop, mobile phone, hospitalization insurance, meal vouchers, …
- Possibility to work from home part time
- Regular team building activities and company outings